About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Sometimes You Just Feel Smart

Today my sister called when I was working on preparing return address labels for our Christmas cards.  I told her that I was using some Avery file folder labels that I had received on Freecycle some years ago.  I love Freecycle. (I am waiting right now for the Sumter Freecycle people to accept me.  I love to give away stuff. I also love to receive stuff, much to Dear One's dismay...!)

In today's case, I had set up the label template with our return address but there was a lot of white space.  My sister suggested putting in spaces then typing the address again.  I did it.  It worked!!


As you can see, now there are four columns of return address labels.  I just needed to use our Carl rotary cutting board to cut the labels into four strips and hand them off to Dear One who said he would be happy to put them on the envelopes while watching television.  Nice!  The only glitch in the system is that they are old labels (which is why they were given away...) so we have to really press on the labels to make the adhesive convinced it wants to stay on the envelope.  At worse (and it would look tacky but...) we can put invisible tape (which is not actually invisible) over the labels if they are recalcitrant.

Once again my sister came to my aid in a wonderful way. I am so grateful.  One less job on my To Do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: