About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, December 9, 2019

Munchie Monday: Quick and Easy Corn Pudding/Corn Bread

Corn bread is something many people love. I have not been notably fond of corn bread.  Usually it is dry and crumbly.  I do not like that unless I have some really good chili to actually crumble it into. 

We had company coming for lunch (the missionaries, both seniors and young elders).  I was making black bean chili and sweet potato soup...both new recipes.  So, why not try a new corn bread/corn pudding recipe.

The one I found was on I Wash, You Dry blog.  It turned out pretty good.

For myself, I have to say it is more corn bread than corn pudding because it was cooked in a 9 by 13 pan. I think if I make it again, I will use a 2-quart casserole.  Just for texture's sake.  Of course, it will need to cook longer at lower heat, I think, if I do it in that size dish.


This is a picture of the dish when it was just recently removed from the oven.  I pretty much had to try it to see if it was edible.  Since it was, we served it to the missionaries!

The ingredients are Jiffy Corn Bread Mix, eggs, drained whole kernel corn, creamed corn, melted butter, sour cream and shredded cheese. Very likely to clog up your arteries.... Since I made it virtually the same as the I Wash, You Dry folks, I refer you to them for the actual recipe.

The only thing I did differently was that I cooked it Saturday evening and let it cool overnight.  The next day I heated it in the oven while the 60 Minute Rolls were baking.  The pudding developed a more crispy exterior.   I think I would like it even crispier.  Still, it did taste good just as is.  It would probably be fabulous with bits of jalapeño in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: