About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Paper Crafting: Two Birthday Cards

Making cards for boys and men is different.  Making cards for girls and women is easier. At least for me.  It takes much longer to think of what to make.  Here are two from this week.

The first is for a man. This entailed a Gelli print as well as die-cutting and folding.  Oh, and gluing.  I need to learn how to use glue better.  Seriously.  Still, I think the card, well, both of them, are okay.  They are just not good and certainly not great.  Maybe next time.


One of these dies is that one I said I would never use again.  I guess I cannot stand having the die get the better of me, so I tried again.  This one went better...so I will probably try again.  It would be useful to get it right.

This next card is for a ten-year-old grandson.  I hope he likes it.  Kind of hokey and still the wet glue problem...BUT...he is such a sweet agreeable boy that he will probably like it anyway, even with is multiple flaws.


This is the front of the card with ten smiley faces.
This is a pop-up card with the balloon bouquet opening up when he opens the card.  In retrospect I should have made the balloons much larger.  Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: