About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Newsy Bits: Something Worth Watching

As you know, lately (the past few months) I have been very busy reading books and listening to webinars on health. I am sick of being sick, tired, and fighting with obesity, diabetes, and other things.  Books I have read include lots of Dr. Joel Fuhrman books,  Dr. Michael Greger's books (and those books are fat ones,  by the way), also The Pleasure Trap, Mastering Diabetes, the Healthspan Solution, Undo, The Natural Hygiene Handbook,  and many more.

Starting on 1 July I began participating in Chef AJ's (she has a YouTube channel with hundreds of useful recipe and interview videos) 14-day Kick the Sugar Challenge and on July 4 I started with the 4 of July Challenge with Dillon at Well Your World (on YouTube) which is 4 goals you set  where you do them 4 days a week for 4 weeks.  (This last one, honestly, I am failing because I lost the paper with my goals...SO I am working extra hard on the kicking sugar challenge and eating low fat.

This week I have been listening to Dr. John McDougall's Dietary Therapy Course videos.  There are ten of them, each an hour or so long.  He is  speaking to healthcare workers but the information he gives is totally understandable by non-medical people like me.  I have listened to four of them and have made a firm commitment to move all fat out of my diet.  There is still plenty of fat in the starchy and non-starchy vegetables I am eating so I will not be missing any important dietary nutrients.  This same eating pattern is full of protein and calcium and other nutrients so I am deficient in nothing.

To me it is stunning that the cure for diabetes has been known since the early 1900's and yet I have not been treated that way. I have been treated with drugs, and insulin, and MORE drugs...all of which make it nearly impossible to lose the weight that is so bad for my health.

By changing my diet to all plants and no added oils, my weight is finally moving in the right direction.  This morning I weighed less than I weighed when I went to study in Toulouse, France for the fall term in 1993.  Of course, I still have another 150 pounds to go but I have been making progress and I feel good about this.

All this I am telling you because these lectures by Dr. McDougall are free until August 1.  If you (or anyone you love) are struggling with any health problems, he probably covers the subject during his lectures.  It would be worth watching them.  I really hope you do.  Better than watching TV in the evening....

Go to drmcdougall.com and click on Programs. In the drop-down menu choose Dr. McDougall's Dietary Therapy. You have to sign up, but it is free until the end of July.   It will be eye-opening.

In 8 days I have lost 7 pounds.  Makes me happy, and may I say there is nothing like a little success to keep one on track!!!

There are so many people I love who read this blog.  I hope you will listen and learn from Dr. McDougall.  These changes are not easy but the result of a happy healthy life are worth the effort.  I am completely convinced of this.  And doing it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: