About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Sweet Washington Cherry Season

When we were on our mission in Oregon we had some of the best Washington sweet dark cherries ever. I think they were so good because they were almost right off the trees.  Dear friends brought us a box of them which we fully enjoyed.

One day at our daily office devotional meeting we had gone on to talk about more mundane casual things after a spiritually motivating time together and spoke about pitting the cherries.  Elder J mentioned a cherry pitter he had seen online that he thought was really nifty and suggested I look it up on Google.  The very next day he came into the office and handed one of them to me!!

He had been out on his daily walk and found it lying on the sidewalk. He picked it up and brought to me because he felt Heavenly Father had put it there for me.  Wasn't that the nicest thing!!


This little guy, who I call Mr. Smiling Cherry Head, works wonderfully well for pitting cherries.  In a moment you have a nice big bowl of them ready for chomping down on.  I bless Elder J every time I get Mr. Smiling Cherry Head out of the cupboard.  People are really so kind.  I want to be kind, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: