About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

An Arne and Carlos Butterfly

 Arne and Carlos, Norwegian knitters and designers, have enriched my life.  I enjoy their tutorial videos.  I enjoyed their Quarantine Knitting Podcast.  Now I am enjoying their "Sit and Knit for a Bit" podcast. 

Sometime between their first episode and their second episode I latched onto the idea of knitting each of the blocks they give us.  Since they give us a new pattern every week, I thought I should be able to knit up one block each week and use it to make a blanket.  Eventually.

The second week came and went before I cast on for the Butterfly (second pattern) block. Anything butterfly or heart is something I love.  Well, I finished the block halfway through the third week, and decided I have to change my mind.  There are too many things to focus on SO I think I will focus on something of eternal value.  Sadly, knitting is not that.  I will still knit, but more of my energy needs to go to:

  •  Genealogy
  •  FamilySearch Indexing
  •  Getting our home in order (I don't want to cash it in and leave a scummy house for someone else to organize...not that I think I am close to cashing it in but you never know.)
  •  Getting our food in order and consistent
  •  Getting my body in order so I have energy to focus on other things
  • Working on greeting cards for the young singles at Church who need contacts
That is enough to focus on.  Well, it is impossible to actually focus on that many things, but those are going to rise to the top of the list. At least that is my current hope/dream.


My goodness!  Every time I look at this butterfly I see even more errors!  I am going to stop looking.  I DO have a very high tolerance for errors in knitting, especially when no one is going to wear the item, but this is rather ridiculous.  I do think you can tell it is supposed to be a butterfly. (Arne and Carlos, I am so sorry.  Your pattern is fine.  I was not paying enough attention...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: