About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, September 21, 2020

Munchie Monday: Soup Weather in September

 The past few days have brought glorious cool weather, once Hurricane Sally went through!  I thought it would be great to make some soup.  This time I wanted to make a small amount of soup.

Often our soup pot is filled TO THE BRIM!  And it takes forever to eat it all.  So when I made soup I decided to make One By One Soup!  Well, that is what I call it.

One By One Soup

Scrub very well and chop fairly finely:

1 russet potato
1 carrot
1 stalk celery
1 onion
1 bell pepper
1 6" zucchini

Place all the chopped vegetables in the Instant Pot or in a stew pot on the stove. Add 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic, one capful (probably 1 1/2 Tablespoons) of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning, and 4 cups water.  In the Instant Pot, let cook on HIGH for 20 minutes.  Let reduce pressure naturally. If cooking on the stove, use your own judgement as to when the vegetables are cooked.

This should have also had a bay leaf or two but I was distracted.  Distracted cooking is not the best.  Take my word for it. In this case the food did not burn.  


It would have been great to dump in a can of sweet corn and maybe some frozen peas.  Next time!

Dear One had no problem eating this soup!  Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: