About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2020

White Mask Project

 A few months ago I made some rectangular folded masks.  They worked okay but were not great.  Maybe a month and a half ago I saw a different mask pattern which the lady offered for free.  Sadly, I did not keep track of the website where I found it.


This shows the closure on the mask.  The previous masks had elastic to put over the ears.  They were really uncomfortable.  Our daughter suggested using tee shirt yarn and pony beads.  They worked so I did that here.  These pony beads have a larger hole in them so they were easier to thread the tee shirt yarn through.


This shows the actual shape of the mask.  This one is for Dear One.  He tried it on and it worked!  Yay!!  The first time I made it, I used a different tee shirt, a woman's tee shirt, for the yarn.  It did not work at all.  It was too chintzy.  The man's tee shirt was heavyweight 100% cotton unlike the soft lightweight 50/50 cotton and polyester woman's shirt.

The other thing that I did with this project was to insert a chenille stem into the top of the mask then stitch around it making a casing.

So far so good!  Now I will make one for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: