About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, September 18, 2020

Food Fridays: Vegan Little Smokies!

 The other night we were going to the home of friends. I wanted to bring a treat.  I had just seen a recipe online for "Li'l Smokies", basically barbecue sauce on tiny hot dogs.  I was at the store in the produce section, my favorite place, and saw a bag of mini carrots.  I picked it up and then found a bottle of bbq sauce.

The idea was to cook the carrots in the Instant Pot with the barbecue sauce.  I had just seen a video on someone making maple-glazed carrots in the Instant Pot.  They cooked them for 2 minutes on HIGH pressure.  I did not want to risk them being too crisp so I set to cook for 5 minutes on HIGH.

They were NOWHERE NEAR soft enough.  I cooked again for 5 more minutes.  Then 5 more minutes again!  I have decided that I should not have put in the bbq sauce while cooking the carrots.  These are pretty much fine, but not at all like the Li'l Smokies I was hoping for.



This shows the carrots in the bottom of the jar they are stored in.  There was a lot of liquid in the Instant Pot.  I was hoping for a little sauce clinging to the cooked carrots.  Oh well.

Next time, and there will be a next time, I will cook the carrots first, then add the sauce to flavor them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: