About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, September 11, 2020

Food Friday: Chocolate Nice Cream--SO GOOD!!!

 Nice creams are so good.  At least, so far there has not been a nasty one that we have made.  This time I am following the recipe by Krocks in the Kitchen.   More or less.

The PACC version of Chocolate Nice Cream is so similar to the one Krocks in the Kitchen made.

Chocolate Nice Cream

1 quart freezer bag of frozen banana chunks
1/4 cup Hershey's cocoa
1/2 cup plant milk (I used Chocolate Almond Milk-the last box we are going to buy!!!  Too many nasty things in it, though it does taste better than many of the bad-for-you plant milks [because of the extraneous stuff that is in them].)

This time I brought the bananas (and strawberries) out of the freezer and let them begin thawing.  Eventually I decided I wanted chocolate ice cream instead of strawberry ice cream since I had eaten not even one bite of non-vegan items including not oil or fats of any kind, SO...chocolate ice cream. Anything chocolate is such a treat!

In the blending jar of a high speed blender place the cocoa powder and the plant milk.  Pour in the slightly-thawed banana chunks, put on the top, insert the tamper, and begin blending.  It took me about 80 seconds but I should have gone a little longer and tamped better because there were two pretty small banana chunks at the bottom at the end of the 80 seconds.  Well, they are in the freezer now!

Using a smallish ice cream scoop, I pulled out two scoops for each of us and put in a freezer container the remaining ice cream. I could really have eaten ALL the rest of the ice cream myself (if I had fought off Dear One who liked it pretty well himself!!!) but, since I am seeing the doctor tomorrow morning and want to have a nice blood reading, I refrained.  Tomorrow we can eat it for supper...


This is the ice cream after sitting a few minutes on the counter while I cleaned up the kitchen.  So good.

If you don't have a high speed blender, this can be done in a food processor.  You really MUST let the frozen bananas or other fruit thaw for about 10 minutes.  No less or it won't work...I already blogged about that some time in the last month or two.


Enjoy your own creations!  So delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: