About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, June 10, 2016

Food Friday: New Dish:Sauerkraut and Sweet Onion Sandwiches

After spending a fair amount of time listening to interviews on the FoodRevolution Summit added to my successful experience at Parkview Adventist Medical Center and their Liftstyle Choices Program, I started moving in the vegan food choice direction.

Having been raised on a dairy farm and eating plenty of beef, poultry, and pork on a regular basis I have had to do a lot of re-thinking.  Sadly, I really LIKE dairy products.  Who does not like butter, cheese, milk, yogurt, eggs?

Having done a lot of listening to YouTube and other health videos and interviews with smart people I had been eating yogurt to improve the fauna in my belly.  How do I replace that fauna if I don't eat yogurt?

Well,  what about sauerkraut?  I have LOVED Reuben sandwiches and thought I would try just eating the guts of that sandwich without the meat.  So...toasted rye bread with drained sauerkraut on top then a thinly-sliced sweet onion slice covered with a solid sprinkle of Montreal Steak Seasoning.

This is a very good sandwich and quite satisfying.  One slice of toast with cabbage and onion, no mayo, no cheese, no meat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: