About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Paper: Embossing Folder Fun

When M gave me her Cricut machine nearly two years ago she got me into a new "thing"!  Since then I have had so much fun working with paper.  Over this time frame I have become interested in the beautiful embossed designs one can make with embossing folders.  Some are very detailed and others are wonderful backgrounds.

On my recent trip to visit, I took the Texture Boutique machine which allows the use of about 4 by 5 inch sheets of paper for embossing.  When I was looking into what machine to use for embossing I posted a question on Facebook on the subject.  A very very kind lady from Wisconsin (I think I remember...) asked me for my mailing address and promised to send me her Texture Boutique!  That was so wonderful to use.  Since then I have added a Big Shot to my work room and now am passing this wonderful little tool on to M.

Here are a few samples of the embossing on 24-pound multi-purpose paper which I hand-tore, not having my cutting device here.




 When I make these at home with all my equipment I cut these embossed sheets down a little and mat them on a slightly larger contrasting sheet then glue to a card blank.  They make nice simple cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: