About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Food Bonus: Roasted Cauliflower with Mustard Cream Sauce

It really is hard to beat nicely roasted cauliflower.  (Thanks, Rachelle, for teaching me so many years ago!)  Today I tried adding a sauce to the roasted cauliflower.  Oh, my, was it good!!!  For breakfast.

I also brought it to the office for lunch.  If there is any leftover, I will eat it for supper!


Here is a quick synopsis of what I did:

Roasted Cauliflower with Mustard Cream Sauce!  So good.
 375 oven

Put cauliflower in cast iron skillet, sliced in thirds and drizzled with olive oil.  Covered with cast iron cover.  Foil would work.  Baked 30 minutes.  

Removed cover and cooked an additional 25 minutes, until tender.

The underside of the roasted cauliflower.  Isn't it pretty!


Sauce
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 Tablespoons stone ground mustard

1 Tablespoon whole wheat flour
2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons snipped scallions, green part.

Melt butter and add flour.  Cook for 1-2 minutes then add cream.  Cook for 2-3 minutes then add the salt and mustard.  Cook, stirring, until thick. Add snipped scallions.  Pour over the roasted cauliflower.



So good.  Did I already say that?  My plan is to share at lunch time but the closer I get to that time the less I want to share....I guess I better buck up and remember a giving nature is a Christ-like attribute.

LATER:  Well, I did not happen to share the sauced cauliflower with the people in the office.  I did not stop for lunch.  Well, actually I had to go home, or chose to go home, to pick up the Envelope Punch Board by WeRMemoryKeepers. I also picked up a 12 by 12 pad of paper  and the 1-2-3 Punch Board. (While at home I ate a sausage I had left in the microwave earlier...Hope it won't kill me but I was hungry by then...) I had opened an enveloped that was not addressed properly so I thought it was meant for the mission office, since that is what it said on the outside of the pretty blue sparkly envelope.  When I opened it, the first this I saw was:  "Dear Sister M...."  Whoops!  Not for the office...so I went home to get paper and punch board to make a new envelope to mail the card to the missionary in.

After making the envelope ( a cool purple one), I showed Sister J and Sister D how to make envelopes, then we worked together to make a box on the 1-2-3 Punch Board. Both sisters liked the punch boards.  Maybe a sale for WeRMemoryKeepers!  Nice.

Anyway, by the time we had finished that Sister B. had come in to talk about some changes to documents on our missionary portal.  Then President B. came in for other meetings and when he was done Sister J. and I were involved President and Sister until we finished learning some nifty new things that will make Transfers so much easier on everyone.  And it was time to go home.  

So I ate the last of the cauliflower for supper.  Dear One was not interested at all.  NOT. AT. ALL. Well, his loss.  The best part about that was that I did not eat anything after supper.  First time in ages I did not get sucked into getting more stuff for him to eat and then joining him.  I feel virtuous, and hopeful that the scales will be my friend in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: