About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, May 25, 2018

Food Friday: Quick and Easy Snack - Seaweed and Rice!

When we first arrived in the mission, that very first day we went to Costco to get a blanket and sheets for our bed.  There I saw some seaweed snacks and thought instantly of the wonderful seaweed snacks that Sasha served. I loved those.  Well, we bought the giant package of seaweed snacks at Costco.  They were not the same.  Disappointing. 

Recently a dad came by the mission office with a huge open box of things for his son who is serving here. He had the same seaweed snacks. I asked if his son liked them. He said that he loved them!  He takes one sheet and picks up a little bit of steamed rice, pops it into his mouth and is in heaven.



So I tried it.  HE WAS RIGHT!!!  So good.  (You can see this is an office snack.  I did share some with others in the office.  NOT Dear One, who objects to this.  It amazes me the things he doesn't like, or doesn't want to try.  I only don't like watermelon, well, melons in general, I think.  If it is food, I can eat it.  Sadly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: