About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, May 28, 2018

Munchie Monday: Spiralizing Again! Quick and Easy Zoodles with Sauce

Brieftons 7-blade Spiralizer, bad picture
It is late spring.  There are wonderful zucchinis in the markets.  I have been hankering for some zoodles with sauce.  Recently I saw an advertisement for a bunch of spiralizers.  I found a spiralizer by Brieftons with seven blades!  That sounded exciting.  So I went to Amazon and found it.  And bought it. (No, I don't get a kickback if you buy it.) .  It was here two days later.

The first thing I made was zoodles!  The second thing was potatoes spiralized and fried in deep fat, well, shallow fat, really, for Dear One.  I had just made potato chips in the microwave and did not feel the need to eat delicious fatty salty potato strips.  Well, only a few...

My recipe was simple:

Spiralize 1 small sweet onion.  Put it in a saucepan with one-half cup water and turn on the heat to medium.

Spiralize 2 small (6-inch, skinny) zucchinis and stir them into the onions.  Stir and cook until the onion is cooked, perhaps five minutes.

Add 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce,  1 1/2 teaspoons Kirkland Non-salt Seasoning, and stir well.



Add a few scraps of baked chicken and stir well.  Eat it all up yourself.  Well, Dear One did not want to eat zoodles this time so I just threw in some chicken that has been aging in the refrigerator. 

Tasted darned good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: