About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2018

More Cards, Watercolor: Not Very Successful

Birthday cards were on the plate recently.  I made them doing something a little different.  They are not very successful, but I sent them anyway! I guess I have no shame.  Well, I was thinking about these loved ones so why not send them word?!  Even if poorly executed.

Having made these pretty poor specimens, I have now acquired a nice double-thick piece of plexi-glass to mount watercolor paper on with low-tack tape to keep it smooth while I paint. One added benefit is that there is then a nice white border around the painting.




In my view, this looks like pink worms on the trees/bushes, but it is something.  It was an interesting thing to try. Now I know to try something different. I love to learn new stuff...

The envelopes made to go with the cards used the WeRMemoryKeepers Envelope Punch Board. When I cut the paper 8.5 by 8.5 there were strips left over so I mounted them on the inside and wrote a message there.  Photography being what it is, you cannot probably really see that the yellow part says "Happy Birthday" on a background of little dots.  It does look sort of cute up close.

 The yellow card, encased in an embossing folder, was run through the Big Shot only once through.  It turns out this yellow card stock is not the highest quality, or at least not as thick as I thought it was.  The embossing folder almost cut through the paper!  As it happens, I have a stack of that paper, in many colors, about 3 inches thick.  Oh well.  Better use it up quick and get some better stuff.  Well, I have a file drawer FULL of the good stuff in Vermont.  At least, I think I still do...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: