About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Paper Crafting: Scratch Paper Box with Envelope Punch Board

Lots of paper goes through our printers, here at the apartment and in the office.  Many times it is one-sided copying.  Eventually those copies are replaced with updated information. I hate to throw away that paper.  So, what to do...

Earlier I showed you, I think, how to make a tear-off pad of paper (cut paper to size, hold together with binder clips on the sides, spread white glue along the top, put other binder clips there to hold paper to get, wait until the glue dries completely...a day or two is how long I wait, and there you have a nice tear-off pad with one empty side and a back side with random printing) but today I thought I would like to have a little box to hold single sheets of paper from recycling.

This is what I did:

Looked on YouTube for videos on how to make open boxes using an Envelope Punch Board to make the box.  This is the first one I found.   The Box Buster on her website told me what size paper I needed to cut and where the first and second punches needed to go.  Since I was planning to have an open box, not a "thick envelope box" for storing greeting cards, I needed to look for further information.
Untidy pile of paper with newly made box

Looked on YouTube for further help.  This is the second video I watched.  This gave me the second part that I needed to know to make the box I wanted to make.

To make an open box (actually, the box bottom of a covered box--to make the top you increase measurements by 1/8 inch)  I cut the paper and followed the punching instructions from the first video.  The next step was to follow the cutting and glueing from the second video.
Box, close up, but hard to see because of the funky card stock

Basically, after the punching and scoring, on the long side, you snip in to the score line, fold that down, then glue it to make a nice box shape.  After then, fold down the flaps and glue to the bottom, first the short ends, then the long ends.  I used hot glue because the double-sided tape I had did not work.  Hot glue will pretty much hold everything down!
Tidy paper in box!

This box and paper is for at home. I might make a box for the office...my desk leaves something to be desired due to piles of different-sized papers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: