About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

First South Carolina Knitting Project!


On Sunday when we were leaving Church from the Stake Conference broadcast we found a tripod in the foyer with the announcement of a baby shower to be held on Tuesday.  I thought it might be a great way to meet some of the sisters in the ward.  When the Elders’ Quorum president came to help us with the unloading last night, he brought his wife.  I took a deep breath and asked if would be out of line for me to attend the shower.  She thought it would be a great idea.

So…I thought I would take a baby washcloth I had previously made but which needed the ends woven in.  When I went out to the garage today to work on boxes, I saw the cotton yarn box which was just barely within reach so I pulled it off the pile.  There was a beautiful ball of Lily Sugar n Cream in the Country Stripes color-way.

A pair of size 4 straight Boye needles were in a third box (the last of my work for the day!!) so I took them and cast on 29 stitches.  For a pattern I did a simple moss stitch.  I think the washcloth for the baby boy turned out pretty well.



 The background is Bob's great-grandmother's oval marble table that safely made the trip from the upstairs in Vermont to the cellar in Vermont to the UHaul trailer in Vermont and into the "breakfast nook" (actually just an empty spot in front of the sliding glass doors onto the back porch/deck...) which will be the first time it has actually been used for anything besides a lamp and other storage.
We still don’t have internet active at the house so I will need to go to the church to send this post…



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: