About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, August 9, 2019

Food Friday: First "Real" Meal

Today when we were bringing boxes in from the garage we struck pay dirt!  There was the box which had the kitchen things from Oregon! Bonus! I was so happy to find them, unpack them, wash them, and now use them for supper!

We had a box in the freezer called "Gardein Teriyaki Chicken Bowl" or some such thing. It was food for one.  While I am committed to eating less food, I wanted more than that sized serving. So, since my bowls that I use for an extra insert into the Instant Pot were in that same box,  I decided to cook  some rice to add to the "bowl".  I cooked a pound of rice with the same volume of water in the Instant Pot for 22 minutes on HIGH pressure. I let it reduce pressure naturally for 10 minutes then removed from the pot. It was just the way I like it.  Well, actually, I like it with soy sauce or Bragg's Liquid Aminos, neither of which we have yet, so not exactly the way I like it, but the texture was nice.  (I am hoping not to fill up the kitchen to the gunwales, at least, not right away, so I have done very little shopping.  PLUS I want to see all the stuff I think I sent from Portland before buying possible duplicates.)

To add to the rice, I cooked a bag of peas and carrots in the double-boiler which also showed up today.  Double bonus.

After the peas and carrot were cooked, I tossed in the frozen Teriyaki Chicken Bowl (not real chicken but it sounds good), then chopped three hard-boiled eggs I had cooked in the IP earlier this week.  I brought this conglomeration, together with 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, to a boil then plated it up.  It tastes kind of blah with no soy sauce and the seasoning for only one person but I think if we throw on a little sea salt we can pretend that it tastes good...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: