About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Food Fail Again

Kim M put a post on Facebook about some wonderful-looking Blueberry Breakfast Cake.  I decided to make it but use the non-dairy options mentioned on the King Arthur Flour website.  After doing blood work at the lab this morning I went shopping for the non-dairy options.  Two stores later I was done in and just bought the dairy options KAF had in the recipe.

A couple of hours ago I took this out of the oven:

Tastes really good!  Thanks, Kim, for bringing it to my attention.  Dear One really liked it!

Then there was the food fail!  While the above cake was cooking I decided to make cauliflower tortillas.  Remember when I made them many months ago, using cassava flour?  Which is what they called for?  Two ingredients: riced cauliflower squeezed very dry then a cup of cassava flour.  Well, and a dab of salt.

Did not find the cassava flour that I was also looking for in the above-mentioned shopping trip.  I had some coconut flour and decided to use that.  The "dough" did not seem very good so I added some all-purpose flour.  That was still not very good so I added some water.  And a little more water.

Eventually I got out the tortilla press and pressed out five tortillas.  A major disaster.  But they tasted okay.

They fell apart before getting into the pan!


Two of them sort of stayed together long enough to get them out of the pan onto a plate.


I guess I will either look in a few more stores for the cassava flour or give up on this project.  Originally I made these to see if they would work for my friend Ashley.  The original ones worked really well.  In fact, so well that Dear One ate them all before we had them in a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: