About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Now It Starts All Over Again!

We are in our house.  So great.  Sleeping in our own bed again.  So great.  Garage full of full boxes.  Maybe not so great.  Except that they are not outside getting rained on or snatched.

You can more or less see that the garage is COMPLETELY full.  I think we will be having a yard sale soon.  Sad.  We shall see.

So far we are bringing into the house one box at a time.  Because I was dying to get my table/desk put together, I searched yet again for Dear One's bucket of tools this morning.  Hooray!  I found the bin.  Soon after that we went upstairs and put the table together.  So nice.  Tomorrow I am expecting a file cabinet to arrive. I am hoping the delivery guy will help us get it upstairs.  But if not...well, we continue to do hard things.  It weighs 97 pounds...

This evening after supper (still nothing exciting, just salad and sandwiches, though Dear One ate a couple of leftover pieces of pizza...) I brought in a "Kitchen"/"Store only on top" box.  In it were our glass measuring cups and a beautiful green bowl I found beside the road a few years ago in a pile of "free stuff".  DIL A had done a FABULOUS job packing these items so they arrived in perfect condition.  (I mention this because 1.  I am so grateful for her loving care and 2. Not everything did arrive perfectly.  My very old and well-loved platform rocker, for example, had a bit of a rough life...mostly, I think, when it was being removed from the trailer.  Fortunately Dear One was able to put it back together and I have spent several pleasant hours knitting in it and thinking happy thoughts.)

Every day a little bit of work and progress is being made. 

We are looking forward to Friday evening when the ward leadership is having a Newcomers'  Potluck.  We are to bring a side dish. I cannot for the life of me decide what to make.  It may be as boring as a salad because that will be vegetarian for the solid vegetarians among us.  I would actually like to make a fabulous vegan side dish but cannot think of what to make with the few tools we have so far unearthed.  And I do NOT want to go get the right tools since I know they exist somewhere in the garage. Oh well.  Into every life a little rain must fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: