About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Wednesday Wonders: Baked Sesame Tofu!

The LifeIsNoYoke website has so many good VitaMix recipes.  The Baked Sesame Tofu is one such.  I made this for the potluck last week.  Not many people ate these luscious little chunks of tofu that had been marinated in Bragg's Liquid Aminos, roasted sesame oil, garlic, and ginger, then baked.  Because I like my tofu more chewy than most people I baked them for twice as long as the recipe called for.

Because this is copywritten book that I used, I will give you the link so you can buy it yourself.

To let you know how good this is, and what people missed out on at the social, though in their defense, there was a LOT of really good food there so you had to make choices.  We took the leftovers home.  Yesterday I had a few pieces in a whole wheat tortilla.  Today for lunch I got out the dish of leftovers.  The bottom of the dish was almost completely covered with the little chunks of tasty tofu.  I asked Dear One to serve me some on top of my salad (greens in the bottom of the bowl then some of the Easy Black Bean Salad on top then a spoonful of the leftover rice conglomeration I had made a few days ago).  Dear One gave me two of the little plastic spoonfuls, maybe 6 or 8 pieces.

He did not take any at first but since it was in front of him and he had been fasting for 24 hours, I saw him reach for another piece. And another!  This is how the dish looked at the end of lunch:


Right!  There are only the tiniest crumbs left!  You could have knocked me over with a feather!!! I told him I thought I would season it a little heavier the next time I made it, though I thought it was just about perfect the way it was (which was me exactly following the recipe except for baking twice as long then leaving it to finish cooking in the shut-off oven) and he said, "Yes, it is!"

Can you believe it?!!!  I will probably make more later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: