About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, August 5, 2019

We Are In!!!


Well, actually the house is ours.  We are not actually in as in not all our stuff being installed but we are waiting for the truck to come with our UPack trailer.  Hopefully this week.  Current seating is stair steps, bathtub edge, toilet seat, and if we won’t mind sweating like a pig, the two wicker chairs we bought for the back porch are pretty nice.  

We did get a bed for the guest room though we had to stay in the motel an extra night until the bed could arrive. (I was NOT interested in sleeping on the floor even one night!!!) It is very comfy.  Last night I slept really well.  Tonight, well, I woke up just after 11 PM and it is now 3:30 AM.  One of the drawbacks of taking a much-needed Sunday afternoon nap, I guess.  (Yesterday was nightmarishly long and exhausting. Just about finished off my hips, knees, legs, and feet walking around on cement at Lowe’s, Food Lion, and other places…! Nearly four hours of non-stop cement walking.  Too much for my poor benighted body.  Hope not to do it again.  At least not soon.)

We are cooking in the Instant Pot that arrived on Saturday and expect to have “fried potatoes” for breakfast.

At the moment I am writing this we have no internet so I will go over to the church later to send this.  NEWS FLASH!!!  Church is only two minutes away!  Isn’t that the best!

We have a nice pond on our back line and even in the middle of the night I am hearing a few frogs.  Such a happy sound.

This white heron entertained us for a while on Sunday afternoon.
If any of this sounds negative, sorry. It is not meant to be. Things are wonderful.  And I kind of like the empty house.  I had a dream before we left Vermont that had me sitting in the garage here going through boxes and building a big pile of things to throw away!  That may be more accurate than you might think.  These days planning for the space and thinking about what the next chapter in our lives should include—well, it is using up the brain cells!  In a good way.

Addendum to the previous:  We called UPack.  They say they will bring the trailer sometime between 12 noon and 5 PM today.  The young missionary elders may have time to help us unload later on.  That will be great.

Also, as you can tell, I was able to connect to internet at the Church parking lot.  So nice.

More soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: