About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, August 16, 2019

Food Friday: Five-Ingredient California Salsa

The other day I opened the cookbook I got from LifeIsNoYoke when I purchased the Ascent 2500 Vita-Mix. There was an easy-looking salsa recipe so I laid in the supplies.  It is stunningly delicious.  I started eating it with a spoon as soon as I took it out of the blender and could have eaten the whole dish.  After it was about half gone I put it back in the refrigerator so there would be some another day.

This is how I made it...which is not far from Lenny's recipe.

California Salsa


6 Roma tomatoes
1/2 peeled onion (used Vidalia since that is what I had in the refrigerator from another recipe)
1 large jalapeño, cored and seeded
1/2 cup cilantro
1 lime, peeled
1 Tablespoon coarse sea salt

Cut 2 tomatoes and the jalapaño into quarters.  Add to the blender jar add remaining ingredients (except the 4 other tomatoes)

Put you blender on variable speed 5 for 15 seconds.  Add the remaining four quartered tomatoes and blend on variable speed 2 for 5 seconds.  Pour into a bowl and dig in.  So delicious.  Of course, I am a real salt and savory taste-budded person so I was in my glory.

It was still a little foamy from blending when I took this picture.  Next time I make it I will try to have self-control, plus I will take a picture when the foam is gone so it looks more appealing.


Tomorrow we will see how wise it was of me to make this when I step on the scales at the crack of dawn.  Since there are virtually no calories in the recipe any major weight change will be a result of the salt...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: