About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Cardinals!

Well, this is a pretty state of affairs!  Really pretty!  Today we were sitting at the table having a very late breakfast/barely early lunch (Dear One had a pile of air fried French fries plus a mountain of fresh baking powder biscuits with vegan butter--nasty stuff--and apricot jam which is really good.  I had a big fat green salad with carrots, onions, kalamata olives, and cannellini beans.  Really good with Tajin sprinkled on the top.) when all of a sudden Dear One noticed we had a beautiful cardinal on our front tree.

The news about the cardinal caused me to leap out of my chair with my camera to try to capture a picture of the cardinal. I love cardinals.  Well, I love most birds, especially when they are close enough to really look at.  And even more if they will sing to us.  I love bird song.


One thing I have learned is that if I save the photo as medium size it takes less time to load on a computer and then, when I want to look at the picture, I click on the picture the Extra Large text which enlarges the picture well.  Anyway, I love the fact that I got this bird picture.


The cardinal flew off so I went to the deck door and there he was!  In the tree on the side lawn.  So nice to see him both places.

Hopefully this sight will encourage everyone and bring hope to all.  Spring is here and the circle of life returns.  This is a good time to find the good and hopeful in all things and in all places we find ourselves.  May you all be well and happy in whatever circumstances you find yourselves.  XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: