About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Electronics Ah-Ha Moment!

One thing I do every single day is listen to audio files, whether it is scriptures, religious books, YouTube videos, podcasts of many ilks, or intrigue, medical drama, police drama, some non-fiction or other books.  I always listen.  Mostly I listen on my phone but often on iPad as well.  I used to listen on my computer as well but that stopped when Dear One bought a new Bluetooth headset for me rather than a wired one as I had used for many years until that fabulous headset bit the dust...the ear piece broke and could not be repaired.

Anyway, Dear One gave me a new headset.  I was able to immediately use it on my phone. This was so great. I loved that.  I could not really listen on the iPad very often...only after Dear One connected it.  I could not seem to make the connection.  Somewhat irritating, but since I could not listen with the headset I would go to a different room so as not to disturb him.

Yesterday Dear One wanted to listen to a Sidney Sheldon book that I had found on BARD.  I could not figure out how to connect that so he could listen. I handed the iPad to him and in a few minutes he was happily listening.  Can you believe it?!!  I couldn't.  When he was done I asked him how he did it.  He showed me and I watched carefully.  I was then able to listen to the Faye Kellerman book I had started listening to on the iPad.  This was so wonderful.  With my headset so we could be in the same room listening to our various audio files.

So, now we come to the Ah-Ha moment.  I realized FINALLY that the E7 headset could only be connected to one device at one time.  Duh!!!  I had no idea.  BUT...I found that it worked out when I disconnected from my phone then I could connect to my iPad.

Moving forward to today.  I wanted to use my laptop to listen to Truman Madsen's lectures about the Prophet Joseph Smith.  I had listened on my phone while I was walking my second walk today.  Now I wanted to listen on my computer.  I have NEVER been able to listen with my new headset on my laptop.  The E7 headset never even showed up in the list of bluetooth devices. I read article after article online about how to connect. None of those instructions worked so eventually I gave up listening on the headset and just shut my door when I was on the computer listening so as not to make listening hard for Dear One. 

This is my phone Settings for Bluetooth:


Well, don't you know that perhaps a little light came into my mind?!  I went to the Bluetooth settings on the computer and this time I disconnected from the phone and lo, and behold!!!  There came the E7 device showing up, as unconnected.  In the more than a year (just to show how much a dullard I am...!) I have had the Cowin headset, E7 NEVER ever showed up as a device.  Today, there it was. I had disconnected it from my phone.  I clicked on it, and THERE IT WAS!!!  CONNECTED.  And now I can listen on all my devices.  Isn't that the best!!!  I am so thrilled.  Well, you can tell.

This is my laptop Settings for Bluetooth:


So to reiterate, in case someone else is having the same issue: bluetooth devices (at least my Cowin E7 headset) can ONLY be connected to one bluetooth device at a time, so...disconnect from the current device then connect to the new device.  It works like a charm.  I am in awe of my lack of brilliance when it comes to things like this.

Well, line upon line, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: