About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Gelli Printing in Embossing Folder

Tonight my middle-of-the-night work was to experiment with Gelli prints in embossing folders.  Before going to bed I had done quite a bit of Gelli printing for birthday cards. I have so much fun doing that.  Using the brayer in different ways gives such cool effects. Not that I can duplicate them, but...still it is fun.  (The only non-fun part this time was a small splash of paint got into my eye.  I hope it does not turn out to be a bad thing.)

Since I have a Happy Birthday embossing folder I thought I could embellish the Gelli prints.  I tried it and it worked!  So great when things go well.


To do this I pulled out the Big Shot machine and put in the correct shim, placed the Gelli print inside the folder, placed the plastic plate over the top and rolled the folder into and back out of the Big Shot.  This is how it turned out.  I made a big stack of them!


Now to trim them and adhere them to the cards.  And make the envelopes, address and stamp the envelopes, and get the cards into the mail before all the birthdays of the young singles have gone by!

One Note:  I rolled the folders forward and back in the Big Shot.  Some of them embossed so much they almost cut the paper in half.  Next batch I will just run through once.

Second Note:  I am writing this at 4:30 in the morning...after waking up at 1:55.  There is a dog across the pond that has been barking for a very long time.  I hope nothing is amiss.  Now a second dog is answering.  Oh my goodness.  I think I will try to go back to sleep.  Maybe the barking will help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: