About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, March 23, 2020

Munchie Monday: Quick and Easy "Ann's Breakfast" Oats

Not too long ago I think I mentioned this breakfast but here is a photo.  Probably I told you that I learned of it in Jane and Ann Essetstyn's YouTube channel one day but these oats are not in this particular oat video.  Another one of their oat YouTube videos is fabulous with Essy teaching us the value of oatmeal.  Oats are really important to our health.  I eat them most mornings.  I am thinking of eating them for supper, too, especially on days when I am worn to a frazzle.  So quick and easy.




Quick and Easy Oatmeal

This is 1/4 cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats, 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed, 2-3 Tablespoons Grapenuts, and sliced grapes.  Probably 10-15 grapes.  That was a lot of grapes.  Plus a few blueberries.  Next time I will put in fewer grapes.

After stirring this up in great shape, I took a bite.  It was really good.  Not at all objectionable.  Dear One still likes almond milk on his rolled oats.  He does not eat the rolled oats dry!  It took about two bites to get used to the "dry" oatmeal.  So good.  I bet it would be even better if I added ground cinnamon...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: