About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Another Visitor to our "Farm"!

Last week I was out watering our plants on the deck.  I jumped back when I saw a very colorful worm on the parsley plant which plant had begun to look pretty good.

I did not want to squish it myself, too icky, but went inside and thought of asking Dear One to take care of it.  Since it was so distinctive to look at, I figured I might be able to identify it on Google and I decided to investigate.  I did this last week so I am not sure, but I am pretty sure it is the worm that turns into a Monarch butterfly.  That made all the difference in how I felt about it.



This morning I went out again to water the plants.  This is what I saw there!


As you can see, that butterfly-to-be has really gone to town on the parsley.  I don't really mind because I have not needed the parsley but I wonder if maybe the worm will go for the oregano next.  I am pretty unlikely to use that, too. 

We have rosemary on the deck also which I could possibly use in roasted vegetables,  I just have not done it yet.  The basil has been very useful though it is not looking remarkably healthy at the moment.  I think I will renovate the deck garden somewhat because Dear One and I have more or less come to an agreement about gardens, which do not include Back to Eden or any other garden further afield than the deck.  He makes many very good points.

And now that we have a calling in the ward there will be less time to fool around in the backyard.  Plus no nasty fingernails all the time...a big plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: