About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, October 4, 2019

Food Friday: Quick and Easy Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese

Yes, yes!  You are right! What am I doing making macaroni and cheese if I am trying to be vegan?  Well,  I guess I am a flexible vegan...mostly vegan but sometimes things come up that call for an animal food.  This time it was a nice thing to do for Dear One plus we are having lunch guests and this is not "weird food" which Dear One kindly begged me not to make...

In your instant pot place:
1 quart chicken or vegetable broth
1 pound dry elbow macaroni
3 Tablespoons of butter, more or less

Put on the cover and set for 6 minutes on HIGH pressure.

Stay in the kitchen while the 6 minutes are cooking because it goes really fast.  While coming to temperature and cooking:

Shred 4 cups cheddar cheese of your choice
Shred 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Get out 1/2 cup sour cream
1-2 Tablespoons mustard of choice

The "of choice" mention is because I used extra sharp cheddar, something we have eaten for 46 years together.  I also used Dijon mustard, which is not something we have used a lot of but we had some I wanted to use up.



As soon as the 6 minutes are up, reduce heat INSTANTLY, remove cover and stir in the cheeses, sour cream and mustard and stir well.  Unplug the Instant Pot then put the cover back on to let it sit for 5 minutes.  Stir again and serve.

This is really tasty. I had a half cup and could easily have eaten a whole lot more.  Dear One found it "too spicy"...so be cautious!


It literally was about 30 minutes from the time I plugged in the Instant Pot until I served our plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: