About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, October 14, 2019

Munchie Monday: Dr. Praeger Veggie Burger and Oatmeal Pancake Bun

Well, doesn't this sound interesting!  In the interests of getting away from bread which has a bad effect on our scales, and probably our inwards as well, I thought of using #Life is NOYOKE's oatmeal pancakes for buns for a Dr. Praeger veggie burger.

This is what we had for lunch this weekend!  It was not bad.  Dear One did say that if he had a choice, he likes hamburger buns...but then, he is not a very adventuresome eater!


He did manage to choke down two of them, though!  I thought that was pretty good.

You can find the recipe for the oatmeal pancakes here.

The only things I did differently were:

1. I left out the dried dates because I did not want this to be sweet, and

2. Our aquafaba had been in the refrigerator a little too long so I mixed 1 Tablespoon of ground flax seed with 4 Tablespoons of water and let it sit while I put the other ingredients into the blender jar. That is more water than you usually use to make a "flax egg" but I wanted the batter to be a little wetter than Lenny's recipe turns out.

This worked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: