About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

House Tour: The Mantle

Several people have asked to see our home.  I have showed the guest room (twice!! face red, but just shows that I do not always check to see what I have previously written plus also that I forget who I tell what to!) so today I will show you part of the living room.  This room is also making progress.  There are still some paintings to hang but we are mostly done.

Only the mantle is in the picture so far since the pile of still-wrapped smaller paintings on the coffee table is not that attractive and does not need to be recorded for posterity...


The Savior print is so wonderful.  The bust of the Savior makes me so happy. It was a gift from some of our favorite people in the whole world.

The black-eyed Susan teapot and salt and pepper shakers are from my mother.  I am so happy they survived storage and then the trip to take their place on the mantle.  Next is a little yellow ramekin/pot that my mother collected from Quaker Oats boxes back in the very old days of my extreme youth. I remember her pulling them out of the box.  We were always happy with them.  This is the last surviving one, to my knowledge.  Maybe my sister has one....

Finally there are two glass candlesticks that my McIntosh grandparents gave us as a wedding gift.  They had received them as a wedding gift 55 years and 1 week before we received them!

The white on the right end is some sort of electronic thing...maybe it connects to Alexa.

So, this is the mantle on top of the gas fireplace, which you will be surprised to know that SOMEONE in our house has tried out.  Twice.  Our realtor has one of them and has for all the years he has lived in his house but he has never turned it on.  Well, we know ours works.  I do not foresee a day when we will need to turn it on in reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: