About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Watercolor Painting: Deerfoot Brush

Recently I signed up for a watercolor online class.    So far I have only watched the first couple of classes.  She talked about brushes.  I had never heard of a deerfoot brush.  There is a Blick Art Store near us.  I found a 3/8" deerfoot brush there.  I used it to make these pictures to turn into greeting cards.



The brush is rather cool.  I went back to Blick to get a 1/4" deerfoot brush!  I do not know what difference it will make, but I like this first effort.  Very fun.  Lindsay recommended at 24-color travel kit, which I also purchased. It is the Daler and Rowney Aquafine field kit.  It is not like I don't already have half a dozen other field kits, but....well...these are good colors.  AND as I follow the lessons, I will have the exact colors so my work should turn out looking like hers--at least the colors will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: