About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, July 20, 2018

Food Friday: Another Surprising Success

We were going to have that great Romaine/dried cranberry/feta/candied almonds (and in this case a little hidden shredded broccoli slaw) salad for supper.  Turns out we had used up all except the Thousand Islands dressing which I did NOT think would be tasty.

Looking in the refrigerator I noticed we had about a tablespoon of homemade strawberry jam (I am not the maker of the jam...) and so mayonnaise.  Okay then.

So, in a small bowl I mixed 1 tablespoon strawberry jam with about 3 tablespoons mayonnaise until very well combined then pour it over two bowls of salad.  I tossed well.  We both ate it with pleasure.

Two food successes on the same day (we ate this with the broccoli/French onion dip quiche)!  So fabulous.  I hope this does not give me confidence for explore other scary combinations...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: