About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, July 6, 2018

Food Friday: Candied Almonds

We had a very nice salad at Zone Conference last week. Dear One said he could get used to that salad and did I think I could make it.  Well, maybe.  It was Romaine lettuce, dried cranberries, feta cheese, candied almonds, and a slice of perfectly ripe pear in a light barely visible dressing.

So I made the candied almonds.

4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup sliced almonds

Melt butter in large frying pan over medium heat. When mostly melted stir in the brown sugar and almonds. Stir continually until almonds are golden brown. Less than five minutes... Spread on Silpat covered cookie sheet. Let cool.


To make the salad:
2 cups chopped romaine 
1/4 Pink Lady apple chopped
3 Tablespoons sweetened dried cranberries
2 Tablespoons candied nuts
2 Tablespoons Caesar dressing

Because I have no confidence in my ability to choose ripe pears, I went with the Pink Lady apples.  These are so good.



The salad was yummy.

Next time I will either double the nuts or halve the butter.  There was butter leftover in the pan and on the Silpat.

Also, I will try to find a different dressing.  Maybe poppyseed.  The Caesar was okay, just not stunningly delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: