About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, July 27, 2018

Food Friday: Green, VERY GREEN, Smoothie--Quick and Easy

Someone named Dr. Mona has a channel on YouTube.  By a fluke I saw a video advertised about green smoothies.  I have been pretty anti-green smoothies but must have been at a weak point today so I watched it.  Not only did I watch it, I got up and made it and shared it with Dear One.  He drank it!  You could have knocked me over with a feather.

This is the very green smoothie.

Using a high speed blender, in the blender jar I put:
3 cups baby spinach leaves
2 cups water
1 whole lemon juiced.

Started the blender and blended for 60 seconds.  Probably did not need that long but the one and only time I have used spinach in a smoothie before there were chunks of spinach leaves which gave a very nasty texture on my tongue. NOT what you want in a smoothie.  At least, I don't want that.

Next put in:
1 cored and chopped apple. I used a Pink Lady.
1 ripe banana

Blend again for 60 seconds.

This is very very green.  Pour it into glasses quickly. I gave a 4-ounce glass to Dear One and an 8-ounce glass for myself--since I really wanted this to be tasty enough to eat.  And maybe eat more than one time.

Well, it turns out there is enough for two days, so the rest is waiting for tomorrow morning.  Now I am thinking about what else I can add to the smoothie....maybe some flax meal or chia seeds.  What else?  Hum.  I will have to think about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: