About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, July 13, 2018

Food Friday: "Baked" Beans

We are having a Departing Dinner again soon.  As part of the menu we are having baked beans. I had found a recipe I really liked using the Instant Pot.  Dear One really liked them, too.  Today, however, when he had a second serving of them as leftovers, he asked about them.  Which made me wonder.  When I quizzed him about his question, he said they were "a little stronger" than he expected them to be.  That made me think I might want to re-think the Instant Pot baked beans.

Our mission nurse had told me she had a recipe her mother made that she would be happy to share with me.  This is the recipe:


In case you cannot read it:

1 pound hamburger, browned and drained
1 large can pork and beans (or 5 small cans?)
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons mustard
3/4 cups brown sugar

Combine in a crockpot.  Can double recipe to increase but still use 1 pound of hamburger.

I have not made this yet, but think that I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: