About The Country Wife Blog

Friday, February 16, 2018

Food Friday: Sautéed Kale and Scrambled Eggs

Food experiments can turn out okay sometimes.  This time is one of those okay times.  It is not a great time, just okay.

We got a nice bag of baby kale while shopping last week.  It was a biggish bag and the refrigerator was rather fullish!  So...I put the kale bag on top of the eggs on the top shelf of the refrigerator which is right below the freezing compartment.  You guessed it!  Part of the bag froze.

Not wanting to waste it I decided to sauté it like I do spinach, except I did not take the time to chop any garlic or onions...well, we are down to our last onion and I never want to be without an onion in case some important dish comes to mind before I can get another bag.  So, this was just kale, a little granulated garlic, and then a couple of eggs scrambled in.

It looked rather nasty so I did not take a picture of it, but with a little bit of Table Tasty seasoning, it tasted okay, plus it had the added attraction of being slightly healthy.  Very little coconut oil in the pan and two eggs are not the best but...dark green leafy vegetables and protein...not all bad.  Better than the chocolate wafers from earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: