About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, February 5, 2018

Munchie Monday: Roasted Cauliflower, Sort Of

Last night I needed to go to the nearby Grocery Outlet (a place I can walk with my stroller to hold the groceries on the way home. I can also put on my headset and listen to a book. Currently the book is Monsieur Pamplemousse by Michael Bond who also wrote Paddington Bear.  Enjoyable. 

When I got to the store there was a big display of large heads of cauliflower so I picked one up.  Today I turned it into roasted cauliflower.

This is what I did:

Cut/sliced cauliflower about 1/4 inch thick and placed in a large bowl. Drizzled the cauliflower with olive oil then used a long-handled wooden spoon to coat all the cauliflower with the oil.  Sprinkled on the last two teaspoons of the homemade Greek seasoning then stirred well.

Baked in a pre-heated 375 degree F oven for 30 minutes, turning once at about 20 minutes.  After 30 minutes I shut of the heat but left the cauliflower in the oven for another half hour.  This is what it looks like.  It tastes GREAT!  I will have to exercise extreme self-control not to eat it all before bedtime...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: