About The Country Wife Blog

Monday, February 26, 2018

Munchie Monday: Rice Noodle Bowl with Ginger-Peanut Sauce

The other day a few missionaries were in the mission office to pick up supplies.  After they were gone I noticed a few papers left on the table where four of them had been sitting while waiting for the other two.  This is a recipe from them!  I do not know where they found it.



For the sauce in a medium bowl I put 3 Tablespoons each  lime juice, soy sauce, and rice vinegar.  Added 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1 Tablespoon ground ginger,  nearly a Tablespoon sesame oil, and 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes.  I whipped until well combined and set aside.

What I actually did since I did not have the cabbage, carrots, and cucumbers is that I sautéd a large sweet onion along with one red bell pepper sliced thin.  Cooked the rice noodles according to package...which was that I put them in a bowl and covered with boiling water and let sit for 8 minutes or so.  Drained the noodles and put the sautéed vegetables and noodles in a large bowl and poured the sauce over the top then tossed.  They were ready to eat.  Yummy.  Mostly.

These are the noodles we used:



This is what they looked like ready to eat:



The crazy thing is DEAR ONE ATE TWO BOWLS OF THIS STUFF!!!!!!  Unbelievable.  And the next day he ate the rest. Unheard of!  Funnily enough, I did not like is as much as I thought I would.  Isn't that a pretty pass?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: