About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Ironing!

Do you iron your clothes?  I do, sometimes.  Today I fell in love with ironing, though!  There is a beautiful blouse that has been hanging in my closet since my angel sister sent it to me.  When it came out of the packaging there were lots of creases in it and I just never got to pressing them out.

A few weeks ago I thought I could not stand to have that lovely peach blouse staring me in the face, unable to wear it a moment longer, so I took it off the hanger and put it in the washing machine with other clothes.  I thought perhaps if I washed it, dried it in the dryer, and immediately removed it from the dryer that the creases would be gone.  Not so!

This morning I woke up at 3 o'clock again but this time I felt sort of invigorated.  Not really a lot invigorated, but at least not logy and draggy feeling.  After all, I had gone to bed at 7 o'clock last night due to headache and general ickiness, so I should have been rested.  So, I decided to iron my maroon-y red and white tiny checked shirt to wear to the office today.  I have a wonderful navy skirt, (with POCKETS!!!) and the new Starry Night knee socks so I thought that would be an okay outfit for today.  We are welcoming new missionaries tonight and I always hope I don't put them off with my grooming and general appearance, so red, white, and blue was going to be the way of it today.  As I went to the rack to get the checked shirt I saw the peach shirt!  I did go through with ironing the checked shirt but then got out the peach shirt.

May I say that I LOVE a steam iron! I had no idea.  I checked the fiber content of the blouse, turned the heat to synthetics and filled the iron with water.  It took a few good squirts of steam as I worked, but all the creases are pressed out and the blouse is ready to wear.  I imagine it will go very well with the navy skirt and it just makes me happy to finally be wearing it.  Those clothes my sister sent me surround me with love and just make every day lovely because of that.

Blouses in order pressed-red checked, peach, plaid.  Yes, they are hanging in the rack in the bathroom. Sorry.


Well, off to swim now.  But I will be back at the iron again soon!  I got three blouses ready to go this morning and, if we did not live in an apartment, I would have put all the rest of my clothes in the washing machine so I could yank them out of the dryer and get right to ironing again in a few minutes.

Do you suppose this love affair with the iron and freshly pressed clothes will last?  Me, neither, but we can hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: