About The Country Wife Blog

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Mission Knitting: Celtic Knot Neck Warmer Scarf

Some time ago I found a pattern that I thought was great.  It looked relatively complicated but turned out to be very easy.  It was called the Celtic Knot Looped Scarf or something like that.  This is my rendition:



You can find the pattern here.

The yarn I used was a clearance yarn at Michaels. I used US size 11 circular needles and cast on 36 stitches.  The yarn is 100% acrylic, not my first choice but the price was right.  Blocking acrylic is not the easiest.  I do not know if the braided section will remain pretty or if it will roll back into cylindrical fabric after a while.  If I knit this again, for the knot section I will knit the edge stitches in moss stitch to keep them from rolling as this stockinette stitch did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: