About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Mission Knitting: Baby Sweater Begins

Cheryl Brunette has so many wonderful videos on YouTube about knitting. Or go here. Or here for the class...She has a 15-class series on knitting a sweater.  I have started it.

The first class really is how to make a gauge swatch that works for you.

Once you have the gauge swatch knitted, not a miserable little one, but at least six inches square,  you measure it multiple places then take an average.  Any simple calculator will do the job, or you can do it with pen and paper.  Once you have the gauge with the yarn and needles you want to use, you plunk those numbers into the schematic of the sweater you want to knit.  In this case it is a Size 1 baby sweater.  A polo pullover.  I am very excited about it and have a baby waiting to be born to wear it!

Here is a picture of the ribbing.  You can tell I am a little impatient as I am knitting the front and the back at the same time.


Sadly, I had gotten to this part yesterday and realized I was supposed to knit the ribbing with needles one or two sizes smaller.  Oh well.  Did NOT want to start over so I continued.  Babies don't have much in the line of waists so I think it will be all right.  I WILL be more careful when it comes to the cuffs on the sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: