About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Snow! And Ice.

There has been talk about snow here.  We did have a little snow on the ground when we got up yesterday.  Today this is what we see:


This photo was taken about 4:45 AM.  I was up planning to do a little Spanish.  Instead I worked on the numbers for a little sweater I am going to knit starting soon.  (I had finished the gauge swatch and blocked it last night so I did the measuring this morning and put the numbers of stitches in the pattern schematic so I am ready to cast on.)

After an hour of watching the YouTube class and inputting these numbers I went back to bed.  It was nice to be horizontal but I could not sleep.  The early-leavers from the complex were just plain crawling out of the parking lot, crunch crunch crunching along under our window.  Made me want to just stay in bed all day.  In Vermont I know how to drive in snow but here there is so much angst about the snow that I am uncertain.  It is only half a mile to the office but I am not sure I am brave enough to walk over with scary drivers on the road...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: