About The Country Wife Blog

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Mission: Haircut

The scraggly hair has been getting on my nerves for quite a while.  The other senior missionary sisters all have nice hair which they take great care of.  They look really nice and neat and finished every day.  I have tended to just wash my hair, pull it back from my face either is combs or in a rubber band.  Looked rather hag-y for the most part but since I have been so busy I have not had time to grouse about it.

Around Thanksgiving I think it was, I was speaking with some of the ladies my age at Relief Society. They always look put-together and nice, especially their hair. I asked if they had any recommendations for haircuts and they did!  The same lady!  They gave me her number so I called her up.  I was not able to get an appointment until January.  I asked for a consultation which she freely gave.  Two weeks later I had an appointment for a cut.  Dear One kindly took a picture for me.  This is what it looked like the evening I came home.


The hairdresser took off somewhere between 2 1/2 and 4 inches.

In the background you can see our green onions growing, a stack of flour tortillas we had just purchased and which had not yet been put away, clean dishes which Dear One removed from the dishwasher for me, and my maroon 'tablet apron' which I wear when I don't have pockets to hold my phone or iPad when I want to listen and work around the house or when I go for a walk.

Also in the background, further out, you see the stack of lovely little pie dishes I purchased for gift-giving filled with either a sweet or savory pie.  So far they are still sitting there!  Plus the silver flask is a wonderful 2-quart container that really does keep ice water icy and probably also keeps hot things hot, though I have not tried that.  The smaller versions do a fabulous job of both.  The big one is a Yeti and the little one is an insulated Klean Kanteen which we learned about from Son#1 one summer when I was visiting him and his family.  He told me he could fill the bottle with ice water in the morning, leave it on his car's front seat all day in the fierce sun, and still have ice water when he got out of work for the trip home.  We have found that to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: