About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Fun Paper Crafted Treat Boxes

Some time ago I ordered some chocolate-covered  cinnamon gummy bears from the BYU Bookstore.  They came in two days.  I have been dying to make some little boxes to put them in to share on Valentine Day.

After watching multiple box-making tutorials on YouTube I settled on a very simple hinged box.  The girl who showed how to make it made it lipstick-sized.  I thought I could do the same thing with different sized paper to get a larger box.  It turns out, I could!  It makes me very happy when one of "my projects" works out.

How I did it:

Using a Fiskars cutter (which actually drives me crazy since it is supposed to cute 12 by 12 paper but really only cuts 11 3/4...so aggravating) I cut one inch off the edge of the card stock which is attached to the binding so I had a piece of card stock that was 11 by 12.  I cut it the long way so I had three pieces which were 11 by 4 inches.

Using an EK Tools scoring board since my Martha Steward score board is at home, I scored both the long edges of each piece at 1 inch.  I turned to the short side and scored one inch from each end...switching ends after the first scoring.  At that point I then scored at 5 inches and then at 6 inches.

After burnishing on each of the score lines, I folded on each line.  At this point I was ready to cut.  On the long side I cut on each of the short score lines to the first long score line, making four little one-inch "boxes".  On the inner side of the two outer boxes/tabs, I cut a little wedge of paper out.

On the inner tabs I cut small wedges on both sides.  At this point I put tape-runner glue on each of those tabs then stuck them to the long sides that had not been cut.
 The new Extreme Tomboy glue runner which cost a lot of money and hope was TOTALLY WORTHLESS.  And I mean TOTALLY.  However, I managed to get the job done.

You can see where the one-inch "hinge" is in the middle of the paper. When folded and glued, it makes a really nifty box.  The completed box is 3 inches by 4 inches by 1 inch. Very satisfying size.

Here is the completed project.


In case you want to know,  you can put six of those chocolate-covered cinnamon gummy bears in each box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: