About The Country Wife Blog

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Mission: The Fog Miracle

There is a lot of talk among missionaries about the miracles they see every day, big ones and little ones.  When a miracle happens for you, it is easy to pay attention and remember to give gratitude to the One who made it happen.

Today was the first in a series of three zone conferences this week.  Dear One needs to attend them all to render a variety of kinds of service. Today was the only one I will attend as the office needs to be attended.  Dear One needed to be at the stake center by 7 AM as the missionaries were to begin arriving at 7:15 for car inspections before their first meeting at 8 AM (where they were to receive the smart phones for their area-one phone per companionship) before the start of the spiritual instruction that always starts at 9 AMM.  In order to get there on time we were out of bed just after 5 AM.  I had hoped to go swimming prior to taking him to the meetinghouse but I have to be up by 4:30 to make swimming work, so--not today.

When we got outside around 6:40 it was foggy.  Well, it was very foggy.  It was so foggy that our GPS kept getting lost from the satellites.  We kept getting a "Lost Connection" and other happy messages.

It is a fifteen minute drive to the stake center.  We were crawling along because the fog was so thick.  Then we were stopped.  After a while we started crawling again and pretty soon saw lots of emergency lights and traffic detoured.  A bad smash in the middle of the road.  We should have taken the route Dear One had in mind instead of following the GPS in the car...

Anyway, we finally arrived at the building after 45 minutes of travel and waiting.  My tummy had been clenching the whole way.  After changing drivers, I was nervous as a cat to get in the driver's seat, but had to get back to the office so, after waiting for all the cars to go by and let me out onto the easier route, the way Dear One had planned to go, I started out in the fog.  Within seconds of getting on the road there was cleared air probably three or four car-lengths in front of me.  I am talking clear air, not sunshine but no fog at all.  The thick fog was there, just way up ahead of me.  This bubble of cleared road enclosed me all the way to the office.

May I say I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for providing that miracle for me.  About halfway to the office I realized that my stomach was not clenching and I was calm as a baby.  It was perhaps a small miracle but oh so lovely and a great way to start the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here: